Performance appraisals provide a powerful tool for managers to build better relationships with their team, evaluate their employees’ concerns and provide constructive feedback. This practical course will teach managers and team leaders how to raise the motivation of their direct reports and improve their performance through clear goal setting with a structured follow up process. We provide tips and techniques for managing conflict in appraisals and for the effective documentation of the procedure.
Participants who complete the course will be able to
- learn, practice and get feedback on the key skills required to undertake effective performance appraisal discussions with their team members
- develop the performance of their team members through the effective use of the performance management process
- create a structure for the appraisal interview
- discuss both achievements and performance gaps with team members
- learn to anticipate and deal with difficult situations
- establish methods to ensure optimal performance is maintained after the appraisal