This course provides guidance on how to discuss race without being offensive or fear of being offensive. Participants explore how to have difficult conversations about race through collaborative activities. This includes guidance for definitions, terms and language. An additional training objective is to provide the tools to assist employees and organisations in making practical and structural changes towards inclusive work environments.
Participants who complete the course will be able to
- understand how prejudice, unconscious bias, values and attitudes drive our behaviour
- develop strategies to address microaggressions and implied racism
- learn techniques for promoting equality, tackling discrimination and fostering good relationships between diverse groups
- understand how to effectively support colleagues in the workplace
- provide advice for colleagues and managers on managing diversity in the workplace